You may choose from the following.
If you wish, compose some of your own or adapt some of these.
Priest: In confidence we approach the throne of God’s grace, that we shall have mercy from him and find grace when we need help.
1. Reader: We pray for those who care for the sick and housebound. We give thanks for the skills and the commitment of doctors, nurses, and carers. May they continue to reflect the compassion and healing of God who is made known to us in Christ. Lord hear us
2. Reader: We pray for all who mourn. May their tears be wiped away, and may their mourning be turned into joy. Lord hear us
3. Reader: We remember and pray for those who do not have access to basic health care, adequate food, or shelter. We give thanks for our blessings and pray that the ways of justice and peace may prevail throughout the world. Lord hear us
4. Reader: We pray for N… May God receive him/her kindly, with generosity and forgiveness, and the rewards of his/her faith. May he/she continue to inspire us, to intercede for us, and be there at the end to welcome us, in our turn, into eternal life. Lord hear us
5. Reader: We give thanks for the love which N… showed during his/her life. May he/she know the perfection and fulfilment of that love in heaven. Lord hear us
6. Reader: Lord, you are life and the enemy of death. Rescue us and the faithful departed from eternal darkness. Lord hear us
7. Reader: Bring all the dead into the light that no darkness can overpower. May we all meet in joy with you. Lord hear us
8. Reader: N… lived Christ’s commandment of love; may he/she now hear those words, “Come, O Blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” Lord hear us
9. Reader: N… showed much love for others in this life, may he/ she now experience the loving mercy of God. Lord hear us Reader: From his/her place in the kingdom of the Father may he/she intercede for us and continue to help us. Lord hear us
10. Reader: For those who nursed N… in his/her illness, that all of them will be rewarded for their gentleness and care. Lord hear us
11. Reader: For all who mourn today. That they will receive strength to assist them in their sadness and grief. Lord hear us
12. Reader: We remember all who have died. Today may they enjoy the promise of eternal happiness. Lord hear us
Priest: Father, all those who love others, after the example of Christ your Son, are truly blessed by you in this life, but what they receive here is only a shadow compared with the good things you have prepared for them in the next life. We make all our prayers through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen