Where do I go to fill out my papers?
Arrange an appointment with the local priest of the Parish where you are currently living
When should I have the papers filled out?
Normally papers are filled out within six months of the date of Marriage.
The meeting provides an opportunity for the priest & couple to go over what is necessary for marriage. Many can feel nervous about the meeting but, the paperwork is straight forward.
Pre-nuptial Form: This form is completed with the priest; it has several questions which the priest will go over with couple.
Discussion regarding Church Ceremony: The focus here will be readings & music
Information required If possible, but not essential for the meeting:
· Recent Baptism Certificate (Not a Birth Certificate).
· Confirmation Certificate
· Letter of Freedom or Affidavit
· Pre-Marriage Course Certificate
· The address of the Church where you are being married if it outside the Parish.
· The name of the priest who will be performing the ceremony.
The priest will be available to help & guide you in acquiring the necessary information.